Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Todays visit with Dr.Cohan

Today we met Dr.Cohan and went over everything with him about Geneva.He went through the mris and cat scan that Cleveland Clinic had done and pointed things out to us to help us understand what is going on with her.He showed us in her ventracles how they have determined her as having cerebral palsey,and also showed us that she was a preemie at birth.I had my suspisions.They tell you that your due date can be two weeks off all the time,and when they induced they had me at 37 weeks,apparently it was more like 35 weeks if not a lil less.I have to say I was impressed on how much a mri can tell you.He took the tim to make a joke out of the situation by showing us her eye balls.It was kind of wierd.Than of course he showed us how the brain is laying on top of her spinal cord.(the chiari)And said it looks tight but wants to get a more in depth view of how tight at this point.

After going over the mri we went over more questions about her health and he measured her head size.Surprisingly he didn't say much about it.But when examining her left foot he noted that it was tight again and saw how she was still dragging it a little and that it was still turning out some.He saw the marks on her back and questions teethered cord due to the foot issues and her complaining about her back.
So after 2 hours of going over everything he offered to contact Dr.Di to have him go forward with the surgery but i expressed to him that I did not want to return to himafter all the games he has played that I would feel more comfortable going through with him.He showed us many things with books and models explaining what he will need to do and what could be going on with her.
Dr.Cohan and his office tried to get Geneva set up for a mri for tomorrow or Friday but was not successful.So they have her on for a full mri on Monday ,but she is on the list if someone cancels to be moved up.The office wanted to put her on the schedule for surgery for next Tuesday.But as I explained to them if he has Fridays opened it would be better with having my other children and if we could keep it for the 8th than everyone who got their day off for her original surgery would still be able to make it.So we are tentaviley scheduled for the 8th.Depending on the mri considering she is right now on the border.@7:15 am so we will have to arrive before 6 am.Immediately after the mri we are suppossed to return to his office to go over everything and confirm what needs to be done.I was happy to see him actually take the time and see the videos of Geneva holding her head and screaming and seeing how much pain she is in.But mad at myself for not being able to explain things better to him.I feel as though I forgot so much.I am mentally and physically exhausted and have my bp up again.I pray that someone will cancel mri for Friday so we can get this done faster and I will have my mother by my side through this.And get the answers we need.I ask everyone to keep Geneva in their prayers.Thank You!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to hear this. Sometimes it means so much just to have someone listen and understand what we are going through. I am so happy things went so well. I felt like I forgot things to ask as well but it all worked out.
    Sending prayers of thanks and continued strength for all of you.
    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete